Friday, January 27, 2012

"That stuff in the ad with Emma Stone"

Lip Color Review -
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter



So, I think we all saw the ads for these little gems and went running to the drugstore to check them out. I know I did! I saw the candy apple color featured in InStyle saying it was the "perfect red for people scared to wear red" or something like that. I had to have it! So I tried the candy apple and I LOVED it. It was sheer, but layered nicely and felt great. Not sticky at all like some glosses. The color was really pretty too.

So, obviously I went back to the store and bought two more shades (tutti frutti and raspberry pie). I tried those colors on and liked them alright, nothing spectacular. Then I happened to be at a different drugstore later in the week and I found two more shades (cherry tart and red velvet). What can I say, they seemed to be selling out quickly and I didn't want to miss out.




I swatched the five colors that I have to show you how different they look out of the tubes (see above). Each of these were swiped on my arm five times,
so you can really tell that tutti frutti and cherry tart are MUCH more sheer than the other shades.


(Here's a bad quality phone photo of me wearing cherry tart. It took a LOT of layers to get this dark. One swipe of this shade is pretty much equivalent to cherry chapstick.)

Go grab some lip butter while you still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment